Handheld dual sensor
- Optimized performance on changing and uneven terrain
- Rapid proficiency/ease-of-use to minimize training time
- Users can “see” buried threats or objects
GROUNDSHARK is a versatile handheld buried anomaly detector that can be utilized for a variety of different tasks and scenarios. The user-friendly system is comprised of a two channel ground penetrating radar (GPR) paired with Minelab’s electromagnetic induction-based metal detector (MD) sensor in a co-located configuration. This high performance handheld system detects buried hazards and anomalies. With the fully integrated NIITEK GPR, the detection, location, and visualization of buried objects, both metallic and non-metallic is now possible in a commercial detection system. This detector system provides outstanding GPR and MD performance for buried object location and subsurface inspection andvisualization. The GROUNDSHARK is the first commercial, dual technology detector which combines advanced signal processing and user-friendly software that is capable of detection, discrimination, and identification of metal targets in challenging soil conditions with it bundled in a lightweight, portable, cost-effective package.
- Detects buried targets including high metallic, low metallic, non-ferrous, non-magnetic, and non-metallic objects commonly used in today’s environment.
- Provides the operator the ability to see placed or buried objects and anomalies through various materials including concrete and asphalt.
- Modular design with field-replaceable components. Stores inside a standard medium rucksack. MOLLE compatible.
- Portable and lightweight configuration (~3.2 kg/7.1 lbs) with the ability to provide additional components for visualization and compatibility with various batteries.