NFPA 1991 Certified
Features & Benefits
- Single garment eliminates need for typical 2-suit NFPA 1991 configuration
- Combines chemical, flash-fire and radiant heat protection in a single suit
- Seams are sewn and double heat-sealed/taped for added protection
- Large expanded-view face shield improves field of vision
Frontline® 500 offers three-way protection – broad chemical holdout, plus flame resistance and radiant heat protection for the additional hazards encountered in a chemical flash-fire. NFPA certification now includes base plus Optional Flash Fire and Liquified Gas requirements.
For optimal radiant heat protection, Kappler’s commitment to user survivability led us to use the more demanding Pyroman Thermal Manikin testing in addition to the NFPA 1991 Chemical
Flash Fire Option. Pyroman results for Frontline 500 indicated 0% body burn – a huge confidence factor when facing a chemical flash situation.
Frontline garments are designed for chemical flash fire protection FOR ESCAPE ONLY in the event of a chemical flash fire.
- NFPA 1991 Certified F5H580 91