Seacoast Science’s Portable Bulk Powder Collector – Model SC-V10 is designed for high-efficiency collection of bulk powders. The device has a modular design consisting of a reusable vacuum handle with detachable single-use collection nozzles. This design makes the collection process easy while reducing potential cross-contamination and exposure to the user.
Collection of bulk powders such as biological spores, explosive dust particles and powder drugs for forensic testing.
• Hand held operation
• Uses 8 Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) AA batteries
• Lightweight (less than two pounds)
• Allows for collection from smooth or rough surfaces
• Single-use collection nozzles
• Samples are isolated into a collection vial
• Scalable to larger collection quantities
• Modular design with reusable vacuum handle & twist-lock release on collection nozzles
• Extension hose with control wand accessory
• Typical Collection Efficiency: ≥ 85% of particles trapped in removable/re-sealable collection vial