The Yfiler® Plus PCR Amplification Kit is designed for forensic laboratories that process highly challenging Y-STR casework and database samples. The Yfiler® Plus kit is optimized to help improve resolution of trace evidence and sexual assault mixtures that contain small quantities of male DNA in a large background of female DNA and offers laboratories both the power of discrimination and the performance to enable accurate results in less time from challenging samples.
The Yfiler® Plus PCR Amplification Kit is a 6-dye multiplex assay for short tandem repeats (STRs) that allows amplification from multiple male-specific sample types, such as male–male and male–female mixtures, and direct PCR amplification from single-source samples.
Key features of the Yfiler® Plus PCR Amplification Kit:
• Improved discrimination capacity through new, highly discriminating markers
• Improved performance with degraded samples and PCR inhibitors
• Improved genotyping accuracy through expanded allelic ladder and virtual bins
• Concordance with existing data in reference haplotype databases
• Increased workflow efficiency enabling faster time-to-results than previous Y-STR kits