The WilliamsRDM Covert Smart Solar Power System is a camouflaged solar charging system for remote deployments. It can be used with the Start system or with various other third party surveillance and security systems that use traditional solar panels. The system incorporates a camouflaged solar panel with accompanying circuitry which can be covertly deployed to avoid detection. The circuity is designed to extract as much solar energy as possible under varying light conditions using power tracking algorithms. It incorporates a battery charging circuit which has been configured for 12 V lead acid battery charging but may be modified for a wide range of voltages and battery technologies. One of the main causes of battery failure in solar powered remote deployments is over charging of the batteries which can take years off of their service life. Covert Smart Solar Power System have been specifically designed to properly charge lead acid batteries and ensure they are not over charged.
- Incorporates circuity to maximize solar charging efficiency under all lighting conditions.
- Incorporates Constant Current/Constant Voltage Battery Charging to ensure batteries are properly charged and not over charged.
- Interfaces with COTS battery boxes such as Buckeye/stealth cam/Spartan Camera etc.
- 3-5W panel improves charging performance on overcast days or in partially shaded areas. Rodent Resistant Cabling
- WilliamsRDM can provide battery boxes or integrate batteries into the solar rock to reduce the system footprint.
- 6V and 12V options Available to support common battery sizes
- Use the optional WRDM Battery Saver Module to ensure batteries are not damaged due to over discharging. The module is easy to install on a 6 or 12V external battery.